The general goals of the Evelyn Goldberg Briggs Memorial Library are:
1. To serve all residents of the community and surrounding region.
2. To acquire and make available to all residents of the above area materials and services which will address their needs to become well informed, locate answers to important questions, cultivate the imagination and creative expression, develop skills for career and vocational advancement, and enjoy leisure by means of reading and other media services.
3. To establish and maintain clear, accurate communication with the municipality, organizations, and residents of the library community.
4. To acquire the means to provide the most frequently requested material locally and upon demand.
5. To maintain a program of service which locates information, guides reading, organizes and interprets material for people of various backgrounds, and stimulates thinking and intellectual development in individuals of any age.
6. To strive consistently to discover new methods and improvements for better service for the library's customers.
7. To review regularly these goals of the Evelyn Goldberg Briggs Memorial Library and, if necessary, revise them in light of new developments.